Tuesday, January 27, 2009

But I digress...


I had every intention of writing about George and Anna (Warren) DeHority. But, every now and then, when trolling the Web for a specific individual, happy serendipity bestows a gift.

Today, I am looking for Anna (Warren) DeHority in the 1860 census (or anywhere else). Since my James M. DeHority held an estate sale for George in Perkinsville, IN, I will need to find it in the 1860 census, since Ann isn't showing up on a search (nor are sons David and Thomas....where are they?). In what township is Perkinsville? My clicking lands me at the wonderful site Pioneer Cemeteries of Indiana, where Prewett Cemetery in Perkinsville is beautifully photographed, accompanied by a narrative about some of the “residents” of the cemetery. And, lo and behold, there is a picture of the tombstone of Isaac Moore and his wife Sarah. Isaac and Sarah had a son Thomas R. Moore, who had a daughter, Jane Moore, who married John Wesley DeHority, son of my James. That makes Isaac my 4th great-grandfather. But, even better, I did know about Isaac, but not his wife Sarah, so I have a new find to add to my tree. This is a good day!



I don't have a picture of Isaac, but I do have this wonderful shot of my 2d great grandmother Jane (Moore) DeHority and her twin brother Thomas, taken about 1923.

No comments:

Post a Comment