Many thanks to TCasteel of Tangled Trees for thinking of me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. It is always a pleasure to find that someone reads this chronicle of my misadventures in this family history search.
Now, according to the rules for this award, I must reveal 7 things about myself, and then name 7 other blogs for the honor. Here goes:
1. My ULTIMATE brick wall challenge is finding the parents of my ggg-grandparents, James Madison DeHority (1819-1891) and Susanna Huffman (1817-1899).
2. Like Tcasteel, I am a mystery lover; favorites are Dame Agatha Christie, Rex Stout and Martha Grimes.
3. I love to knit….there is a certain zen to the movements that is very calming.
4. My favorite countries are France and Ireland. It must be in the DNA. I have been lucky enough to visit both.
5. I have one wonderful granddaughter, thanks to my wonderful daughter.
6. In my next incarnation, I hope to have musical talent.
7. Favorite movie: Charade, with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.
The difficult part will be to nominate only 7, as there are so many fascinating stories out there, but my latest list of faves are:
Carrow and Faunt Family Tales
Kathy’s Kampground Kapers
The French Genealogy Blog
The Professional Descendant
Donna’s Genealogy Blog
Thanks to each of the above for many mornings of fascinating reading!